Community Bank of the Bay hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws. Job candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Showing Careers for: Oakland
Or search again:
Choose a Location
POSITION: Credit Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Oakland
Summary of Job Description:
This position is responsible for assisting loan officers in the evaluation of commercial credit and deal structure for commercial & industrial, commercial real estate, and SBA customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Relationship Manager in delivering a relationship management service which provides value-added services guidance to customers, prospects and professionals.
- Execute and coordinate with other divisions of the bank on a variety of administrative tasks such as: order loan documents, work with title and escrow companies to open and track existing orders, order appraisals and other third party reports.
- Track loan renewals and request updated financial information from existing clients.
- Prepare financial spread sheets to properly assess cash flow and debt service coverage.
- Conduct annual portfolio reviews, and credit & legal file audits.
- Assist in the preparation of Credit Approval Memoranda for analysis of repayment ability, collateral adequacy, credit worthiness, appropriate loan structure and adherence to Bank policies and proper loan risk rating.
- Attend joint calls with the loan officer, as needed, to gather information about prospective and current Bank customers.
- Ensure that covenant compliance and financial reporting requirements are addressed.
- Attend credit training courses as needed to improve credit analysis skills and keep current on Federal and State banking regulations.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field and 3 to 4 years related experience.
- Familiarity with financial statements and ability to analyze business and financial data.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and software programs, such as excel and word.
- Familiar with financial analysis and development of spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Interested candidates should email their resume and attached cover letter (with "Credit Analyst-Oakland" in the subject line of e-mail) to: HR@bankcbb.com.
Position: Relationship Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: San Jose
- Responsible for the development, marketing, and production of commercial and industrial loans, lines of credit, and commercial real estate loans. Construction lending experience is a plus.
- Maintain and manage a loan portfolio.
- Cross-sell all Bank products and services with the goal of developing a total banking relationship with business and personal clients.
- Solicit, negotiate, underwrite loans in compliance with Bank's credit policies and guidelines.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing prompt, quality customer service, thereby maximizing client retention and minimizing client migration.
- 2+ years experience as a relationship manager specializing in commercial lending in the Bank's market area.
- Thorough knowledge of lending regulations and credit/underwriting practices.
- Strong financial analysis skills and/or previous experience as a credit analyst with a commercial bank
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in finance, business, or accounting; or related work experience. A post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Community Bank of the Bay offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan, medical, vision, and dental insurance, and the opportunity to work for a fast growing organization.
Interested candidates should email their resume and attached cover letter to: HR@bankcbb.com